A moderate hike through a forest of towering pine trees, which snakes along the mountain ridge with views of Big Bear Lake to the north and finishing at the top of the popular Snow Summit resort.
- If you're driving from Los Angeles then there are ample amounts of coffee on your way to Big Bear. However, if you're searching for the perfect hidden gem tucked away in the mountains with a cabin-like feel, Moonridge Coffee Company right off Moonridge Road in Big Bear is the place to grab a quick coffee.
- NOTE: Parking is straightforward when you arrive at the road gate near the end of Club View Drive. Parking currently doesn't not require an Adventure Pass and be sure to park off the road in the turnout area near the road gate. Be sure to not block any of the driveways located along Club View Drive if you're not able to find a spot in the turnout.
- NOTE: The trail is easily marked along the way since a majority of the hike takes place on Skyline Drive, which is a fire access road. Also, keep in mind you may be sharing the trail with mountain bikers traveling through Snow Summit's MTB courses.
- As you pass the road gate at Club View, you'll reach an intersection with fire road 2N10D in 0.7 miles and keep forward along Skyline Drive.
- After another 0.5 miles, veer right at the first trail intersection across from Sugarloaf Truck Trail.
- Snake along the trail passing by Fall Line Trail and Pirates Trail (both of which are for mountain bikers to use). When you reach the pond / reservoir in 1.4 miles, continue pass Skyline Taphouse to the top of Snow Summit.
- Feel free to enjoy a snack or meal at Skyline Taphouse if you're hiking in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday or Saturday.
- When you're finished, return back the way you came to Club View.